The GEMS website is being developed in phases to ensure that the site reflects the needs of East Berkshire residents whether children, young people, or adults.
Within the About Autism and About ADHD sections you will find a selection of Frequently Asked Questions, if these do not reflect your needs – please email requests for further information to email@example.com or call our helpline team on 0800 9991342, monday to friday, 9am to 5pm.
In the Workshops section you will find the course descriptions and dates of nationally accredited courses supplied through our partners.
In the Animations section there is a range of easy-to-access online modules. Once you have registered, the helpline team can send you the link.
Who’s GEMS for?
GEMS offers information & support to parents & carers of children with, or likely to have autism &/or ADHD within East Berkshire. On offer are, workshops and courses for parents & carers, and social activities for children aged 5 years and above.
What do we provide?
Our interactive workshops, courses and animations, are available weekdays and evenings, face to face and online.
- For parents and carers, a programme of workshops, courses and animations.
- For children and young people aged 5-25, a programme of social activities.
- For adults aged 25+, a programme of social groups and signposting to local and national services.
What our helpline can do
Our helpline can support you as follows
- Suggest suitable courses to meet your needs and get you booked on to a course in partnership with our organisers.
- We offer a call back service if the lines are busy. Please provide your contact details only and do not leave contact details on behalf of someone else when submitting your enquiry.
- Answer general questions about autism e.g. what autism is.
- Answer general questions about ADHD e.g. what ADHD is.
- Provide information about other organisations that may be able to help you in East Berkshire and nationally.
What our helpline cannot do
- The help desk cannot advise you on legal issues. The GEMS help desk cannot take on your case, nor act as an advocate. None of our advisers are legally trained.
- Our help desk team are clinically supervised but are not clinical advisors. However, where possible we will give you details of how to find others who may be able to help.
- We cannot offer a counselling service. Our help desk team are not qualified counsellors. Please contact the National Autistic Society or the ADHD Foundation who may be able to signpost you to counsellors with knowledge of autism and/or ADHD.
- We cannot advise you about specific mental health conditions but can signpost you to evidence based resources that may help.